A+B Leasing works with a number of landlords and each landlord can have slightly different criteria to approve a potential tenant. I just want to make it clear that we follow all Fair Housing Guidelines and the criteria may differ from landlord to landlord or building to building but will not vary within a certain building.
That said here are the criteria that are most common. If you meet all of these criteria it is almost certain you will have no trouble getting approved with any of our properties.
- You have a credit score of 600+
- You make at least 3 times the rent in gross income (If rent is $500.00 you need to make $1500.00 before taxes and deductions)
- Been employed by the same employer for 12 months +
- 18 years of age or older
- Have 4 or fewer negative items on your credit report (collections, charge offs, delinquencies)
- No evictions within the last 5 years
- Not filed bankruptcy within the last 10 years
- No felony convictions / guilty plea especially involving violent crimes, drug distribution, or sex offences
- Rental verification from a landlord who is not family or friend
Keep in mind if you do not meet all the criteria and are close to these guidelines there may be special arrangements made between you and the landlord.
- Additional Deposit
- X number of months upfront at signing
All background check guidelines are set to try and create the best living arrangement for the landlord, tenant, and neighbors and in no way are a judgement of the individuals character or credibility.
We look forward to welcoming you to the neighborhood!